Remember.

Lately, there hasn't been much to say because I frankly had been working 12+ hours in a day, so I didn't have the time. Another reason is that this season in my life has been rough. I have seen God in the fields of Kansas with the breathtaking views, but my walk with Him has been seemingly at a standstill. While in Kansas, with my crazy work schedule and inconvenient rural location, finding a church was difficult. Not having that Christian community to go to for encouragement was hard to be without. It reminded me of the time I was working on my senior research in Michigan and had no car--therefore, no church--and was left listening to audio sermons. How did I do it back then? Now, I'm yearning for my church family I left in South Carolina. I miss the friends I made and the community I left behind. Working with non-believers is heartbreaking as well. Pouring out to people and not having a community pouring back into me is an exhausting place to be in for an extended period of time.

One thing my mind continually reverts back to since South Carolina is something Pastor Frank said while preaching on 2 Peter: "Let me remind you by way of reminder to remember." Remember what? Let's start with HE IS GOD. I had something in my head that attempted to sound poetic about His faithfulness, but that's all that needs to be said: God. Is. God.

You know when you run into the same message multiple times from completely different places around the time when you need it? Yeah, that's not coincidence, and you would think I know that by now, but God continues to amaze me.
  1. A friend of Jon's from church had an interesting way of putting things: It's like we're in a dark room. Nobody likes the dark, and our first impulse is to find that darn light switch so we can see, right? God, however, has another plan: we will be provided a flashlight so we can see immediately around us, but the rest of the room remains in darkness. || Don't we need that though? I was just telling my sister this evening during our devotions that we need uncertainty in our lives in order for us to grow closer to Christ. It's annoying and it stinks, but isn't it true? We can't be too dependent on ourselves; otherwise, we wouldn't need faith!
  2. Today at church (HALLE-HALLELUJAH!), Pastor Brett looked at 2 Samuel 13:1-21 and told us frankly that we have the same heart as Amnon when he went to take advantage of Tamar--ouch. But think about it: Amnon claimed that he was in love with Tamar when he clearly had other intentions. He simply renamed his sin in order to make it seem justifiable or admirable. One example I immediately thought of was Oh, I'm not worried; I'm just concerned about this situation. Uh, Darien. You and I both know we know the difference between worry and concern, and that is the ability to change the circumstance. A lot of times, that isn't the case for me. And what does God command of us? To cast our cares unto Him because He cares for us.
  3. My devotion in Jesus Daily today has Habakkuk 3:17-19 as a reference... the same reference that was made in a sermon I heard a couple weeks ago on joy in Philippians.
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. (Hab. 3:17-19) 
      4. A NEW SONG ON THE RADIO: WHO IS SURPRISED? Check out the lyrics!!

Slow down, take time
Breath in He said
He'd reveal what's to come
The thoughts in His mind
Always higher than mine
He'll reveal all to come

Take courage my heart
Stay steadfast my soul
He's in the waiting
He's in the waiting
Hold onto your hope
As your triumph unfolds
He's never failing
He's never failing

Sing praise my soul
Find strength in joy
Let His Words lead you on
Do not forget
His great faithfulness
He'll finish all He's begun

And You who hold the stars
Who call them each by name
Will surely keep, Your promise to me
That I will rise, in Your victory
And You who hold the stars
Who call them each by name
Will surely keep, Your promise to me
That I will rise, in Your victory!

So take courage my heart
Stay steadfast my soul
He's in the waiting
He's in the waiting
And hold onto your hope
Watch your triumph unfold
He's never failing
He's never failing!
____________________
I tried to simply excerpt the chorus, but the whole song is so beautifully written... and it's true! And I have heard it before: God is in the waiting. He's in ALL of the details of our lives.

Let me remind you by way of reminder to remember that God's got you!

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Popular posts from this blog

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew