What are we to do about CEO and NCAA Christians?

Holy Week: The procession of Jesus--Son of God, King of kings, Creator of all things--going from being praised "Hosanna in the highest!" to being charged as a criminal and dying a brutal death on a cross.
Easter: The day in which we celebrate Jesus' resurrection and ascension to be seated at the right hand of God. 

This is the time in which everyone piles in their cars, whether the last time they attended church was that Thursday or Friday, the previous Sunday, or last Christmas. 

As I was getting ready for church this Easter Sunday, one of my housemates made the comment that we should leave early in order to avoid traffic "because all the CEO Christians will be at church today." I was confused, and she elaborated: a CEO Christian is "Christmas and Easter Only." It immediately pained my heart, knowing this phenomenon was true. I felt flooded with feelings of awe and sadness when I drove down Betsy Kerrison Parkway, and the shoulder was lined with cars as far as the eye could see, and that was just for one church! It warmed my heart to see so many people were hearing the Gospel that morning. It broke my heart, though, when I got to thinking, "Why doesn't church burst at the seams every Sunday?"

My mind has been chewing on Hebrews 10:24-25 recently: 
"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." (NLT)
 I am at a standstill. There are people in my life who are CEO or, one step further, NCAA* (No Church At All) Christians, yet I haven't the slightest idea of how I can encourage them to come to church. I know attending church doesn't make you a Christian, just as sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car, but I firmly believe God made the church so we are able to draw closer to Him and learn more about Him with the Church--the Body of Christ, His Bride.

"No man is an island" is all I have to say right now. We as Christians are not made to live in our walk with God alone. We need to "spur one another" as another translation says in Hebrews so we are continually refined and filled up when our spiritual tanks are empty.

I love you guys!

God bless! :)

*This acronym I made up. I don't think it's a real thing, but I'll make it so for this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.