Don't just sing.

Here's a little something I learned in church this past Sunday during worship. The lovely song "O Great God" is actually based on a Puritan prayer. It's almost word for word in some parts, and it brings a whole new beautiful dimension to the song in my opinion.

Look for yourself: https://wdennisgriffith.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/regeneration-a-prayer/

This reminds me of a time I was at youth group, singing along and minding our own business.. when out of nowhere, the youth pastor stops the music and asks us, "What was that you were just singing? Are you living that out?" Are our hearts singing along with our voices?

Maybe sometime I will break down the song and find Scripture references (similar to how I have done before). Wouldn't that be fun? =)

For now, dwell in God's greatness and pray as you sing.


God bless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.