I'm cleaning my room.

The grasslands of Oklahoma are so photogenic. :)
I'm finally home from Oklahoma after three months of running about in the tallgrass prairie. My least favorite part of being home is unpacking the car. With unpacking comes the dreaded step that comes before: making space in my already jam-packed bedroom for all the things that are jam-packed in my car (it should all fit back in the room, right? It fit before I packed it all to leave... WRONG. Three months' worth of knick-knacks and books are also in the car. HA!). As I work my way through my room, decluttering my tackboard, I found a picture with a quote from Thomas Merton's Thoughts in Solitude.
"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
 I don't remember when I got this. It might have been from school or a church camp or something, but needless to say, this is my prayer in this waiting period of my life between jobs.... whatever the next job is, I pray God is glorified in all I do.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.