It's the most wonderful time of the year.

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven." --Ecclesiastes 3:1.

For me, this time of year is a season of change. I don't want to leave the place that has been my home away from home for three and a half years, but I'm sure God has greater plans for me.

I'm feeling sentimental, and this is one of those things that would be a bit lengthy for a Facebook post, so here goes nothing (or here goes everything, depending on how you look at it... :P).

First, I'm going to tell you how I made a hiccup during my devos a few nights ago. For December, my RA gave us a 31 Day Scripture Writing Plan. For day 8, I had to write Psalm 72:1-7. I didn't know until I was done (isn't that always the way?) that I accidentally wrote out Psalm 71:1-7 instead, but look at this! It's beautiful for this season of transitioning to the unknown:
"O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced. Save me and rescue me, for you do what is right. Turn your ear to listen to me, and set me free. Be my rock of safety where I can always hide. Give the order to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked, from the clutches of cruel oppressors. O LORD, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O LORD, from childbirth. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother's womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection."
 From my mother's womb twenty-one years ago, God has been with me. He continues to be with me through the rough patches of life, and I'm excited to see what God has in store when I trust-fall into the darkness. :)

Second, I'm going to show you a picture:

I'm not going to lie: this picture is so bittersweet. Initially, I kind of found it funny that the only change I noticed was that I gained a second set of eyes. This picture fails to show, though, the many friendships I gained in fellow students, faculty, and staff. Each and every one of them have impacted my life, and I'm so thankful for them. This picture fails to show the many celebrations that have led me to where I am today. This picture fails to show the struggles, the sleepless nights, the endless tears that God has allowed me to experience to bring me closer to Him. So many arguments I've had with Him, but He never fails to show me patience, love, and mercy.

If I could have a conversation with the redhead on the left about her life, I'd tell her, "Of course rough times are coming or you're going through them now, but God will provide... scratch that, He IS providing! And that pain, fear, and frustration you're feeling? It's all for a reason, and you'll laugh about it later. TRUST ME. Live life with Christ as your center, D. It's the best choice you'll ever make."

Oh man. God's working through Spotify again.

"Ever our hearts will seek Jesus in everything. From sky to ocean deep, Your love goes on. Through every rise and fall, we are forever Yours. One thing we know is sure: Your love goes on and on and on!" --Hillsong Young & Free.

God bless!

Congrats Class of December 2015! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.