Moving on....

Proverbs 16 is a good wake-up call to anyone who is looking ahead to a new chapter of life and is shaking in their seat because as of right now, the next chapter is a big question mark on a blank page.

"We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer." (v.1)
"We can make our own plans, but the LORD determines our steps." (v. 9)


I'm also speaking to myself when I say this, but holy cow! What do you need to be worried about?? Yes, you can have timelines with deadlines or meta-spreadsheets of twenty professors from nineteen of the fifty states in attempts to apply for grad school years in advance (oh wait, maybe that's just me....); but bottom line is that God already knows what's going to happen! ISN'T THAT AMAZING!?

So next time anxiety arises from the wrinkles of your frontal lobe, remember Romans 15 and pray this prayer with me: "God, O Source of hope, fill me completely with joy and peace because I trust in You. Overflow me with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen." (v. 13)

God bless! :)

P.S. I chose to bold the "but" in each of those verses last second. Don't they just kick you in the butt? It's like God is saying through Solomon, "Hey! Yeah, you can try, I'll let you try, but why not give the Creator of the Universe a shot to lead the way, eh?" Sassy! :)

Okay, that is all. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.