Calling ALL prayer warriors!

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interest, but also for the interest of others." --Philippians 2:3-4.

"Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven." --James 5:13-15.

I had a strange thought process randomly happen last night, and I can't think of any reason other than God trying to give me a little bit of advice about my prayer life.

I suddenly had a flashback of a time that my friend messaged me on Facebook something along the lines of "Check my most recent post. I think you'll appreciate it. :)" Did I do something that earned praise from her that she publicly declared on social media? Nothing came to mind. I got to her page and saw what she was referring to. "To all of my prayer warrior friends out there," began the post. I felt a little distraught. Why would she label me as a prayer warrior? That is the last thing that I would categorize myself as, seeing how my prayer life, in my opinion, is one of the weakest aspects in my Christian walk. I'm not a prayer warrior.

 "EVERYONE is a prayer warrior. If you pray, and you pray with intention, you are a dangerous weapon that can be used for the glory of God."

There is important emphasis made on the intention of prayer because we can simply babble words willy-nilly just to get things said so we can continue through the motions, whether it's at meals,  before bed, etc., BUT if we have intention in our hearts along with the knowledge of how great God is and that He can and WILL answer our prayers, the devil ought to have a reason to shudder! It's also important to note that it is for the glory of God that we pray these prayers, and when they are answered, we deserve none of the praise because it's all God's power that is being made known in these circumstances.

So yeah, CALLING ALL PRAYER WARRIORS!

And that includes you, Child of God!

God bless! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.