How can it be?

Well, hello, Blogger! It's been a while. I could go on about how busy life has been being an official senior in college and all, but that's for another time of day.

Right now, this post is a challenge for me and whoever else chooses to stop by to OPEN OUR EYES. Are we aware of how gifted we are? Are we aware of how loved we are by the Almighty?

As of late, I have had the message of "how can it be" running into me and reintroducing itself. How can it be? How can it be what?

Let me tell you:

"And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Saviour's blood?"

"Jesus, how can it be? He loves me! He is for me!"

"You plead my cause, You right my wrongs, You break my chains, You overcome, You gave your life to give me mine. You say that I am free: how can it be?"

This question has a sense of dumbfounded ecstasy: How can it be that could You possibly justify sacrificing Your life for me? This sacrifice of life that Jesus gave on the cross ought to bring us the utmost humility:

"Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up." (James 4:10)
"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (Matthew 23:12) 
"But he gives us more grace. That is why the Scripture says: 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." (James 4:6)
No matter what we do, we are not able to find ourselves deserving of what was done for us. Even on our best days, we do not deserve what God sacrificed to save us. He knew when He sent Jesus to die that we would welcome His Son with contempt and hatred. This shows all the more how much our Father in Heaven loves us!

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters." (1 John 3:16)

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are we to do about CEO and NCAA Christians?

White knuckles and sweet peas.