Topsy Turvey Times

"God, grant us the serenity to accept the
things we cannot change, courage to
change the things we can, and wisdom to
know the difference."
Turn in your Bibles to Psalm 30 if you could, please! This will be majority of what I refer to this time around. Let's look at a couple verses in particular:
"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (v. 5).
"Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever" (v. 10-12). 
Most of this blog post will be an update of my personal life, but God grants us the opportunity to walk with Him and build a testimony so we can share it, right? I pray this encourages someone tonight.

Alright. These past couple weeks have been a little bit dampening on my happy-go-lucky spirits. As a college student, it's naturally pretty hectic, but at this time of the year, I'm concerned about what I'm going to do next year as a junior...well, kind of. That's part of the problem. I'll get to that, though.

In March, I applied to be a Terra Firma Group Leader, and if you don't know what that means, it's a group leader for about 8-13 first-year students at Cornerstone where they have activities/group discussions/service projects/etc. throughout their first year at the university. Well, this past Wednesday, I received the news that I didn't get the position. This rejection piles on the rejection of getting an advanced studies research position and scholarship for over the summer.

At this point, I feel incredibly blessed, and I'll explain why. With the research position and scholarship, I would have never known that part-time work could pay for my room and board at the school I'm going to over the summer. I applied for part-time work, Skyped the employer, and ended the conversation with my future employer. Yes, I got the job before the interview was even done. God is so good!

The fact that I'm blessed goes back to the whole idea of wondering whether or not I'm going to be a junior, too.

When I signed up for classes, I signed up with the intention of graduating next year. Yes, God willing, I'm graduation in May of 2015... an entire year early (yes, I am aware that I am signing off my sanity to the institution). With the Terra Firma position, I know I wouldn't have been able to do either job (as a student or a group leader) to the best of my ability, neither being fair to myself nor the freshmen that I would have led, so that certainly tells me that God wants me to keep where I'm going right now.

There are so many unknowns looking forward in the next year, but who can really plan life? It's times like these that remind us how important it is to trust in God and know that His plan is best.

God can make beauty out of ashes. God can make the broken whole. The pain that you're feeling is just the dark before the morning. We may be weeping now, but there is joy awaiting around the corner. If you are going through a time of turmoil and you don't know where to turn at the fork in the road, look to God through the tears in your eyes. Dance for joy, knowing that the God of the UNIVERSE is standing beside you, ready to walk with you in every stage of your life.

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" (Matthew 6:34).
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23).
I love the NLT version of that latter verse: "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives...." Leaning on God and striving to follow Him, turning away from what He doesn't want for us and yearning for what He does will produce these fruits in our lives.

I pray that you all receive God's love, mercy, and peace. May the Lord bless you and allow these fruits to be apparent in your lives!

God bless!

P.S. I'm singing my praises to my Lord: I yearn to have more of Him in my life and thirst for Him as the deer is panting for the stream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.