{Blogger Spotlight}

Life With My Dance Teacher : Be There!: “Do not be afraid, for I am with you…” --Isaiah 43:5

I love this blog post by Robbie Iobst. I especially love this quote:
"In the world of Christianity, we often think that because we are honored to follow Jesus, we have the responsibility to fix others and their problems. But many times, we get in the Spirit's way in an effort to be spiritual."
In my group of friends at college, there are many--myself included--who yearn to help others in times of sadness, despair, frustration, etc. but we sometimes make the situations worse without realizing it. We also have the possibility of accidentally taking the burden on our shoulders as our own, which isn't healthy seeing how we have our own lives to worry about.

My mom phrases it beautifully when it comes to this: "Be sure to care, not carry."

The quote that I mentioned, too, reminds me of a song (surprising, right?):
"People aren't confused by the Gospel; they're confused by us. Jesus is the only way to God, but we are not the only way to Jesus. This world doesn't need my tithe, my hoodie, my denomination, or my translation of the Bible. They just need Jesus. We can be passionate about what we believe, but we can't strap ourselves to the Gospel because we're slowing it down. Jesus is going to save the world, but maybe the best thing we can do is just get out of the way." (Casting Crowns)
In the dark circumstances of people's lives, we need to pray that God will reach them in His way. Perhaps He will work through us to reach them, but that is His will. Forcing what we will just because we want it that way never ends well.

God bless!

Comments