Internet isn't all bad.

I am well aware that it has been too long since I have written. It really stinks when you have thirteen credit hours, but it feels so much like nineteen. #BioMajorProblems Anyway, through all the running around like a chicken with my head cut off, God has definitely been at work.

Last year, I applied for a mentor: a person that could help me through the transition from high school to college, giving me advice and encouragement along the way. She definitely helped me through the bumps I encountered in the road of freshman year, and that relationship made me want to be that person for another freshman: help them through their problems, share the experiences that I have gone through so maybe a freshman girl wouldn't have to go through the pain that I experienced. Well, with my class schedule running up the wazoo, I don't know if having a mentee would be the best idea since I am going all hours of the night studying. I digress.

Over the summer, I was going through a lot of things all at once, and I didn't know how to sift through everything. I needed the affirmation that God was in control through it all and that He has a reason for all the pain. Smile FM posted about free spiritual coaching on this website called Groundwire. I though Okay, this is what I need. A random stranger can tell me what I need to hear. As I was chatting with this spiritual coach (it's real-time instant messaging), it was more than I had anticipated. We prayed together and he was sincere with his care for me. It blows my mind to think that a complete stranger could care about me so much, but he did. Tears were falling down my face by the end of it.

I didn't think much of that experience until a couple days ago when another page I like on Facebook (I think it was Smile FM again) posted that Groundwire is looking for spiritual coaches. I suddenly got the urge to look into it. I was hesitant because the application asked for a "basic Gospel representation and how [I] would lead someone to accept Christ." I'm not "experienced" (I guess you could say) with witnessing. I've had one sour experience where witnessing almost caused me to lose a close friend, but I don't want that one bad experience to be the foundation of my witnessing. I want the Great Commission to be my basis, knowing that I will be persecuted by sharing Christ. 

I received a scary (and by scary, I mean "Holy cow, God. You really mean business, don't You?" O.o) confirmation last night when I read a post by Rick Warren, and it was Matthew 25:45--
"And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'" (NLT)
I definitely have some work to do, and I'm scared out of my brains how it's going to turn out, but it's not about me: "He must become greater; I must become less" (John 3:30; NIV).

Prayers are appreciated, brothers and sisters. :)

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.