Look at those ugly clouds roll in.

I'm going to be honest: life hasn't been the greatest for me recently. Pain is inevitable because life is imperfect. Words will be spoken that cannot be taken back, actions will ruin a relationship, situations will not go the way they were planned...

Although this may be the way that life is, there are always "good notes" at the end of the day that we can hold close to our hearts on our "down days": God gave us another day of life. He gave us the breath to breathe, the blood to pump through our hearts, the energy to do what we did throughout the day... These are things that I know I certainly take for granted because I've never lived without them! I just finished the book Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers a couple days ago, and a quote I really like from it is something along the lines of "Get a chronic disease when you're young. That way, as you get older, you realize how delicate life is."

I stumbled upon Psalm 121 tonight, and it brought me hope through my trials:
"I lift up my eyes to the mountains-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over you coming and going both now and forevermore" (NIV). 
Verses one and two remind me of a song:
"I will praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands. You are who You are, no matter where I am, and every tear I cry, You hold in Your hand. You never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm" (Casting Crowns).
God has extremely crafty ways that He works to get a message to us. In this instance, it was my Spotify. In a row, these songs played:

"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" --Michael W. Smith
"When She Cries" --Britt Nicole
"Blessings" --Laura Story
"Steady My Heart" --Kari Jobe

The LORD is here for us to fall into His arms when we feel at our weakest. We just need the courage to give all the control to God. We can't conquer our storms without Him. Remember: God is a God of impossibilities. The storm may seem uncontrollable, but it's nothing God can't handle! :)
 
God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can it be?

What are we to do about CEO and NCAA Christians?

White knuckles and sweet peas.