I am NOT Jesus.

The title of the post must be the most obvious statement to say, "Well, of course!" However, one of the many problems with people today, including me, is that we constantly try to take control of the situations that we face, doing our best with what we have to get what we want with the least amount of pain to us as possible. Society has the mindset that we must think of ourselves in order to survive in this dog-eat-dog world we have created over the generations, but that is not what we are called by Christ to do!
"'A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another'" (John 13:34, emphasis added).
For my devotionals today, I read Matthew 26-28. For those of you who are familiar with the crucifixion story, you're probably thinking, I've gone through this every Easter Sunday for as long as I remember. I know the story. Yes, you know the story, but like every good book, it doesn't hurt to re-read it because you might pick something up that you didn't before. I digress.

The one thing that never ceases to amaze me is Jesus' love for those who hate Him. The people that praised Him as He walked into the city are now spitting at Him and yelling to Pilate to crucify Him, and this all began with a kiss of betrayal from one of His friends.

Rather than hanging on the cross to die, He could have been saved by thousands of angels from His Father and saved himself (26:53; 27:40). The thing that boggles my mind is that He chose not to, saying that He was to fulfill the Scriptures that were prophesied generations before Him (26:54).

Jesus doesn't say, "Love them only as much as they love you," or something along the lines of "Love them only when you feel like they deserve it" but to love as He has loved us. That statement in and of itself shows me that I'm not Jesus.

Praise the Lord I am not Him! If I was in His place at that time, I would have selfishly asked my Father in Heaven to get me out of that miserable spot, leaving all of humanity to suffer with no hope for revival from the death they had in their sin. Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and me so we could spend eternity with Him! The best part is in chapter 28:
"Then the angel spoke to the women. 'Don't be afraid!' he said. 'I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying'" (vv. 5-6).
Hallelujah! He is RISEN!

God bless!

P.S. Here's a song. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.