Be careful, little eyes.

"Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers." --Psalm 1:1.

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble." --Proverbs 13:20.

I want the best for my sisters when it comes to their lives, and that includes who they surround themselves with. God certainly warns us in His Word that we are easily able to be turned into the wrong direction by the people we call friends, so we should surround ourselves with believers so they can encourage us in our walks with Christ and help lift us up when we fall. I want all of these things for my sisters, but when it comes to "taking a village to raise a child," I am one of those people in the village that raises up these girls. Am I being the role model that I want my sisters to be influenced by? Am I portraying Christ the way He wants me to?

It troubled me when I left my dirty clothes in the bathroom. I know how much Mom is extremely annoyed by the mound of clothes that is accumulated over time, but I just forgot to take care of them one night. Later that same night, I couldn't see my clothes on the floor anymore: they were covered by not one or two but three sets of clothes on top of mine. They saw that I had done it and felt fine doing it as well, not taking into consideration of what Mom had said about not leaving dirty clothes in the bathroom.

Are dirty clothes the sins I commit in my life? Does this harmless act show how powerful my words and actions are and how they influence the people that I am exposed to every day?

Thinking about the topic of having an audience of younger eyes, looking to me to show them how to live, I think of two sets of lyrics (yes, I know: nothing new...):
"He thinks that the choices he makes are just his;
Doesn't know he's a leader with the way he behaves
And others will follow the choices he's made...
The choices he makes change a nine-year-old's life" (Superchick). 
"Be careful little feet where you go,
For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow" (Casting Crowns). 
It's not just little feet that are sure to follow. It could be complete strangers of various ages, but we need to think twice when we make choices. When we receive Christ as our Savior, we represent God in our lives. We ought to shine His light in what we say and do, for we never know who could be watching.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.