"You ain't flyin' solo, crazy child!"

"Stay awake and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." --Matthew 26:41.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." --Matthew 7:7-8.

I woke in the morning of day two with Matthew 6:34 in my head. Monday night, I asked God, "What am I going to do to occupy myself? I don't want to run back to Facebook, but I don't want to pace back and forth across the house either!" God definitely provides when you ask Him.

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34).
This couldn't be any more dead on. There were plenty of times during this week when I felt the urge to "quick check" my Facebook or hop on the laptop simply out of habit, but I knew that I would feel awful afterwards if I did, so why even bother?

Along with things to do this week, God has provided me with His Word and blessed me with brothers and sisters in Christ that encourage me.

Wednesday morning, I was bombarded with things to do: let the dogs out, feed and water the dogs, let the chickens out, feed and water the chickens, do laundry... all within less than an hour of being awake. While mentally complaining about the insanity I had woken to, I stopped and praised God because it was exactly what I needed: things to keep me occupied so I wouldn't have time to visit the Internet.

Wednesday morning was also when I snapped (no, I didn't fall through with my challenge). Halfway through the week, I felt like I was going to give up. I was on my knees, bawling from the mental and spiritual agony I was experiencing. I had a feeling that this day was going to be the worst of the battle, but God is a King that cares greatly for His soldiers, so when I needed resuscitation, God provided me with a friend who suggested me reading Revelation 20:10 after I told him that I felt Satan tugging at my heart. I've never laughed while reading that particular verse before. :) No matter how bad the battle is, remember where Satan is going at the end of the war:
"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Rev. 20:10).
HALLELUJAH!

Later in the afternoon, I was randomly reading the Bible to my sister, and I "stumbled" across Psalm 136:23 (Holy cow, God has a great sense of humor):
"He remembered us in our weakness. His faithful love endures forever" (NLT).
On our knees, when we feel like we are at our lowest, God is embracing us with His unconditional love. God will provide for us! He is standing next to us, ready to stand in front of us to take the blows for us in our battle to keep God on the throne of our hearts.
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken" (Psalm 55:22; emphasis added).

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.