Sing praises!


A meme I created :)
Lion King: a classic.
As I read the Bible from cover to cover this year, my mind is constantly finding connections to either movies (see picture) or song lyrics. It amazes me that artists are singing straight from the Word of God, and it makes me giggle because I'm so used to hearing the song, so when I read the verses in the Bible, I can't help but read it to the tune of the song in my head.

Here are some examples:

"My God's Enough (Psalm 73)" by BarlowGirl: "Who have I in heaven but you? Earth has nothing I desire but you. My heart may fail, but not you. You are mine forever." That's pretty much Psalm 73:25-26 (that one is kinda obvious because the Scripture is in the title of the song).

"By His Wounds" by Mac Powell, Steven Curtis Chapman, Brian Littrell, and Mark Hall: "He was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for all our sins. The punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds--by his wounds, we are healed." That's Isaiah 53:5 word for word.

"Forever" by Michael W. Smith: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good..." Look at Psalm 106:1. Yup, pretty much everywhere in Psalm where it says "His love endures forever," that's what Michael W. Smith is singing about.

I don't know if you are familiar of any of these songs, but I recommend that you listen to them and "fix these words of [the Lord] in your hearts and minds" (Deuteronomy 11:18). It's so important that we keep Scripture memorized, for it will be weapons to fight against the devil when he strikes at us.
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6:10-11,17).

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.