Roll with the gunshots.

"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." --Proverbs 18:24 (NLT).

Recently, I had a conversation with a friend that I thought was a friend. You know one of those people that plays the part but when a bump comes up in the road, they decide to bail because you're not worth their time? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about here. Well, shortly after this conversation happened, I saw this picture posted by one of my favorite big-time, public television pastors Joel Osteen, and it pretty much summed up what I was going through.

We will have people in our lives that one of my friends calls "seasonal" friends. It was such a pain to see that one of my closest college friends was in that category of people in my life. I felt so lost, wondering if everything that happened was an act all along. How could I be so blind? There is hope in the sadness, though! We need to remember in our down times such as this that we have hope, "for we do not have a great high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

See? We could shake our fist to the sky, cursing the name of God: Why, Father, are you making me go through this? What have I done to deserve this pain!? Jesus went through the same persecution to an extent. Peter was one of his closest disciples, and he already knew that Peter was going to disown him three times despite Peter's claim that he would lay down his life (John 13:37-38). The phrase "I would take a bullet for you" means so much, and it means so much more when it is 100% sincere.

We will feel the sting of the gunshot wounds, but we can find aid in the fact that Jesus is walking with us every step of the way in our lives.

And again, here's a song by Britt Nicole, "Don't Worry Now." I found it on Spotify radio today. It's awesome how God is with timing. Look at the lyrics!! :)

Like Osteen's picture, rather than trying to fix our gear by shifting like madmen and women (personally, I don't know how to drive a manual transmission car, so I'd be shifting like a madwoman anyways, but that's besides the point), let's shift into neutral and watch how God's plan for our lives is unfolding.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.