Let us pray...

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." --Psalm 150:6.

Recently, I was told by someone to not pray for them because everything was fine and "there are greater causes to pray for." I was taken aback by the response. I thought about it for a while and came to the realization that they couldn't have been more mistaken.

When it comes to there being greater causes to pray for, God looks down to every individual person and sees a crowned jewel--a beautiful creation made in His image. To God, nothing in the world is greater. They are the only person standing on this earth, and God calls us to love His children like He loves us, right? So, the right thing would be to keep them in our prayers, showing them the love that God shows to us. Right?

When it comes to everything being fine, that in and of itself is something to pray for! Prayer isn't only for mooching to God, crying, "HELP ME! I'm being oppressed!!" I learned in Old Testament Literature that in Psalms, there are five different "genres" of psalms: wisdom, royal, lament, thanksgiving, and praise. I love the book of Psalms because it's like a compilation of prayers written by multiple writers, all of whom (some we don't even know who they are) look directly to God in every kind of circumstance they find themselves in. That ought to be the way that we pray as well.

A song that came to my head when thinking about the topic of prayer was "Let Us Pray" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Look at the lyrics:
"Let us pray, let us pray, everywhere in every way;
Every moment of the day, it is the right time;
Let us pray without end, and when we finish, start again;
Like breathing out and breathing in, let us pray." 
It should be second nature to us like breathing! No matter what about, we should talk to God about it.

I have more to say about this topic, but I want my posts to be shorter (I'm trying, but it hasn't been working too well. Ha!). So I guess I'll say this: <<TO BE CONTINUED>>

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.