What am I here for?

When viewing this question, I know that if I was to look at it, I would think, Well, I'm here for a purpose that God knows, and He has a great plan for me in glorifying Him. I'm not talking about that here.

Why am I on the Internet posting my ideas for the world to see? Why am I on Blogger?

To be honest, I thought that I could get further into the Word and, God willing, encourage others that look at my blog. I also like the idea of strengthening my writing abilities, too. That'd be nice. What if money came into the picture? What if I was paid to do my blogging? Would my intentions change for being here? Would my topics suddenly be swayed in order to please the general public and, essentially, give me more Presidents for my pocket?
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money" (Luke 16:13).
Just because I have ads on my blog doesn't give me reason to float away from the reason that I started this blog in the first place: to glorify God. To be honest, when I started thinking about blog topics that I would write now that I'm part of the Google AdSense family was the position of my yogurt in the refrigerator:
The things that are mine should not be buried by the things that were just used. I think that I take priority in this hierarchy in the ice box; therefore, my yogurt should not be trumped by the grape jelly. It should always be in the front!
This is ridiculous! Why would I stoop to the level of society, trying to please them rather than glorifying God?

While at a new bistro in the town where my grandparents live, we (my grandparents and I) were sitting at a table, and while waiting for our food, the people at the table across from us were praying before eating:
"Lord, we thank You for what You've given us, and God, we pray for those who don't have enough. It's in Your Name we pray. Amen."
That was a beautiful prayer! God bless their hearts for thinking of those who are less fortunate than them, but what struck me was what the woman said after she prayed:
"I'm getting really good at these lunchtime prayers."
Wait.... what? Maybe I'm getting a tad bit dramatic, but something inside of me didn't find that right.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
This woman was praying a heart-felt prayer to God and turned around, looking for the affirmation from her friends. Praying is essentially having a conversation with our Father. We don't brag to other people after having a conversation with a friend, do we? I don't know. That just doesn't sit well with me... Also, "lunchtime prayers"? Shouldn't we be having conversations with God constantly? I know people use "Amen" as a way of saying "Good-bye," but it's actually a way of saying "Let it be so." It also bugs me when I'm asked, "Did you say your prayers?" The better question should be, "Are you saying your prayers?" I don't want God to be Someone that I just talk to when I'm eating and when there's something wrong and I need a bailout. He's much greater than that. He deserves so much more.

Anyways, I digress...

Let's not have the ways of this world dictate what we do. Let's allow the Holy Spirit to guide our actions. It's essentially us letting God lead us down the road of our lives, viewing firsthand how great our Heavenly Father is by how He provides for us.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew