The mind plays tricks, but I'm not laughing.

In one of my favorite TV shows, the main character says something along these lines: "There are three things that people fear the most: fear of the dark, fear of being alone, and fear of the unknown."

In my house, at night, the quiet was ceased by the sound of wrestling on the porch. Why did my heart start racing? It was probably because I am the only person awake in the house, the only one who is able to do anything if it is necessary, and I have no idea what on Earth is making that noise!

Like my house, the peace in our lives can also be met with wrestles that cause problems in the plans that we have for our lives. Why are we worried? We fear of what we do not see --the future-- and fear that we're facing our problems alone and don't know what will happen.

Fear the dark? "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life' " (John 8:12).

Fear the idea of being alone? "The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore" (Psalm 121:7-8).

Fear the unknown? " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' " (Jeremiah 29:11).

No matter how great or small the circumstances are that you face, do not fear. The devil manipulates us to think that we're climbing this mountain alone, but God is with us wherever we go. God is with YOU! Never forget that.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew