Something for someone.


Here's a little encouragement: the kind that you get from a redhead who should be sleeping, but her mind won't stop working (doesn't it just bug you when that happens?).

No matter how bad your day is, God is there holding you in His arms. How great is our God!

Jeremiah 16:19 says,
"Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, 'Our ancestors possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good' " (NIV).
What strikes me is the difference in power of context amongst versions of Scripture. Watch:
"Then I said, 'LORD, you give me strength and protect me. You are the one I can run to for safety when I am in trouble..." (Jer. 16:19, NET, emphasis added). 

The LORD is our refuge and strength, and we can RUN to Him whenever we are in trouble. No questions asked, God is there to provide for us. Funny thing is... He doesn't have to ask anything. He already knows what troubles our hearts and knows exactly what we need.

Again, and I'll never get tired of saying this: How great is our God!
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!" (Revelation 4:8b).
"'You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being'" (Revelation 4:11).
God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.