#sickofit

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." --Genesis 1:27.

"[F]or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." --Romans 3:23.

Before Skillet came out with their new CD Rise, they had a time where they encouraged the trend on Instagram which is the title of their song from their CD that is soaring on the charts. The picture at the left was the one that I posted. There is a lot that can be told in a picture:

Growing up, as I think I've mentioned before, I think I grew the habit of needing to be over the top with whatever I did so people would compliment my performance. Along with that, there also was a building up of perfectionism tendencies: I need to spell everything right; when someone quotes a movie, it has to be precise --otherwise, I quote it myself word-for-word--; the list goes on. I guess I can be considered one of those people that thrives off of technicalities. A downside of this mindset, however, is the fact that if I don't get things done perfectly, my self-esteem takes a plummet: "Why can't I get this right? I'm a failure!" It frustrates me at times because of the fact that people get extremely irritated by my constant correcting, and I can't simply say that I'm done with projects unless there is nothing else that can be done.

One of the things that I tell people (and one of the things where "practice what you preach" comes into play) is that we aren't perfect people, and we never will be perfect no matter how hard we try. One thing that I noticed, though, is that our view of perfection is by comparing our performance to other people's. We try to be better than everyone else with whatever we do, and we feel accomplished. In society, perfection makes it seem as if we need to be God to be perfect. It is true that God is perfect and the only One who ever could be perfect, "for we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15, emphasis added), but God created us in His image, so no matter what we think, we are already perfect in the eyes of Christ, and that is all that matters!

Look in the mirror today, and don't paste a label on your forehead. You shouldn't degrade your self-worth with a word, but if you feel the need to label yourself, choose "Child of the One True King" because no matter what your quirks are or who you say you are, you are always His beautiful child: His creation that He made out of dust and the breath of life.

Let's embrace our imperfections today! With our imperfections, we are reminded of how much we need God in our lives.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can it be?

What are we to do about CEO and NCAA Christians?

White knuckles and sweet peas.