Revelation.

There is POWER IN PRAYER!
NEVER FORGET!
Never underestimate Jesus!
For the past couple weeks, I have been praying for God to break my heart for what breaks His. Like always, He hasn't failed to answer my prayers. The heartbreak was certainly felt: sometimes more apparent than others, but the pain in my soul is there. The Holy Spirit inside of me is screaming for change. Why am I feeling this way? Why is God's heart breaking in this area? Well, I know why I feel the pain. So what? What do I do now?

And THAT is when I had the light bulb moment. As I was praying before I went to sleep a couple days ago, my mind began to simply wander. I was just gabbing to God (you know those moments? Just speaking what comes to your mind and begin to lose track of what you're saying until something that you didn't expect to say comes out of your mouth.. or in this case, your mind... Anyways!), and the phrase, "My heart is breaking so my hands and feet can move," came out. I literally had a mental whiplash. Did I hear it during a song at some point? Where did that come from? It surely came from God!

It makes sense, doesn't it? How do we figure what our passions are? What ARE passions? It's a state or outburst of such emotion (yes, I looked it up). An example of this for me in my life would be ethical treatment of animals (no, I won't be joining PETA any day soon. I enjoy bacon on my cheeseburgers. Enough said..). I would voice my opinion toward that and do ANYTHING to act against animal abuse so change happens. When God breaks our hearts for what breaks His, He not only wants us to feel the pain He feels, but He wants us to act! According to James, "faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead" (2:17).

HOLY COW! Why did I not realize this before? AAHHH!!! God sightings are crazy awesome! That doesn't even begin to explain how great it is.

Let's not only feel the pain in our hearts that God allows us to feel. He gives us particular answers to our prayers to shape us for the purpose that He has for us. Let's not only pray today for God to break our hearts for what breaks His but give us the courage, wisdom, etc. to act toward the sources of that heartbreak.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.