It's my Birthday today!

Today's not quite this day.
I still have three months to go...
You see the word "birthday" and automatically think cake, ice cream, and balloons, right? No, it's not the day when I turn nineteen. That's not until September. So what do I mean? I mean the day that I accepted Christ into my heart. It's important for a Christian to know (not exactly.. I'm not sure if it is June 11 when I prayed for Christ to come into my heart. I'm pretty sure it is, though..) that there is a day when they made that choice because it IS a choice. Even if you are brought up in a good Christian home, that doesn't automatically mean you are saved. Christianity is not evolutionary; it's redemptive.

It shocked me when a friend came up to me and said, "June 11th is your salvation date, right? Happy birthday!" That was the first time when I had ever received that kind of response from someone who knew some about my story. I was confused and didn't know why I would get that comment, but after thinking about it for a while, what ISN'T there to celebrate about it? Whenever a person chooses to accept Christ into their hearts, Heaven rejoices! Now that I think about it, I really like the idea of an annual reminder of the reason why we live and who we are to live for. When we accept Christ into our hearts, we are reborn!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old is gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26).  
"O, praise the One who paid my debt,
and raised this life up from the dead."
--Kristian Stanfill
 For the longest time, I was terrified at the idea of announcing my faith to a huge group of people in baptism, so I held it back for as long as I possibly could until my friends and family encouraged me to do it. Until I was baptized on August 19, 2012, I had many times when I doubted that I was a Christian because I wasn't baptized. It wasn't until the day I prayed for Christ to come into my heart (I was reading Left Behind: The Kids) that I realized that baptism wasn't what saved me: It was all the Spirit of God and His love for me-- the Love that no person can ever take away from me! That is why we are to "store up for [ourselves] treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal" (Matthew 6:20).
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).
That's it! No fine print. It's simply a genuine, heart-felt choice. The act is simple, but trust me when I say this: life is not easier. You have God through the tough times, but that's it. The tough times don't go away. You're not a perfect person, but you know that God still loves you (no more or less than before), no matter what you do, and He forgives you.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.