EVERYONE DISAPPOINTS ME!!

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." --Isaiah 41:13.

Maybe not all people in your life do at the same time, but it's true. It's inevitable. No matter how perfect or invinsible a person is, they will disappoint you. Why? Because they are humans. They are imperfect beings. They are NOT God. They are sinners. WE are sinners.

As an ISFJ, I have the mindset that "the only person who can get it done right is myself." It really stinks when it comes to group projects because I am that one person that is stuck doing everything because, without knowing, I purposely made it that way: there's no room for disappointment --when someone else's work doesn't reach par with my standards and my evaluations are jeopardized because of the poor presentation-- if I do all the work. Everything must be perfect.

This isn't healthy, though. We need to love and trust our family and friends, knowing that there will be times that they slip because they're human, but forgiveness follows when they hurt you. We weren't created by God to hold all of the baggage of our lives on our own shoulders. He's given us other people --people that care about us and we care about, and we have HIM!
"Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4).
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall" (Psalm 55:22).  

This post was actually inspired by a song that my mind simply wandered to, "Call My Name" by Third Day. Let me break it down for you:
"It's been so long since you've felt like you were loved, so what went wrong? But do you know there's a place where you belong here in My arms."
No matter what happens, God's arms are always open for you to fall into them. He's the ONE that you can always count on because He NEVER disappoints. The rainbow after every storm is a reminder that His promise never fails.
"When you feel like you're alone in your sadness, and it seems like no one in this whole world cares, and you want to get away from the madness, you just call My name, and I'll be there."
That is a promise from God. Just call His name, and He'll be there. He doesn't need an explanation because He already knows all of the details. Whether you need a shoulder to cry on or a person to share a happy dance with, God is there: day or night.
"The pain inside has erased your hope for love. Soon you will find that I'll give you all that your heart could ever want and so much more."
Link to another song: "This is the last night you'll spend alone. I'll wrap you in My arms, and I won't let go. I'm everything you need Me to be" ("Last Night"; Skillet).

Both of these songs say the same thing. When we turn to God, He will provide for us during our good AND bad times. During the bad times, He will give us exactly what we need. Whether the situation "gets worse before it gets better" or He grants us immediate peace, He knows what is best for us, and He knows what will shape us into the person that He wants us to be to fulfill the purpose that He has for us. 

We feel pain when people let us down because the fall occasionally packs a punch, leaving us breathless. Although this may be the case, we shouldn't resort to isolation because of fear of disappointment. Rather than looking around and being overwhelmed, look up and find that One source of peace.

God bless!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

It's in your best interest.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew