Dig deeper!

  • God constantly provides;
  • God is always there for us;
  • God will never let us fall;
  • We can't run from Christ because He is wherever we go;
  • God has a plan for our lives;
  • Whatever happens, God has a purpose;
  • The Lord loves us, no matter what we do;
  • Etc. etc. etc.
Anybody can say this insincerely. I know, for me, I have countless moments where I say these truths to myself, but I don't actually feel that I trust them in my heart; however, when I see Scripture that affirms these truths, it blows my mind! Yes, I know I'm not making any sense, but stick with me here for a second:

I know that I can't go where God already is. It's impossible to run from Him. We know this because of the story of Jonah, but when I read Jeremiah 23, I found verses 23-24 absolutely powerful:
" 'Am I only a God nearby,' declares the LORD, 'and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?' declares the LORD. 'Do not I fill heaven and earth?' declares the LORD."
 God is EVERYWHERE! The context is crazy, too, because God is talking to the people of Jerusalem about the many false prophets that claim they are speaking the words of God but doing the complete opposite. Think of the comparison between the phony prophets and the Almighty GOD who just proved that He knows all things!

I don't know.. Maybe this all makes no sense. I just thought that it was amazing that after eighteen years of life, I've found evidence in God's Word of how true He is when He says that He will never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6). The truth is in God's Word!! Don't doubt His sincerity! He's 732097420% truth! When He says something, He isn't messing around.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.