All about music in this head of mine.

Okay, I don't know if you've noticed yet or not, but I am pretty certain that my brain is composed of 48% music lyrics, 50% school work, and 2% air. The way that I worship is by reading my Bible and listening to His Word as it inspires many artists to sing the truth of how great God is.

I'm going to cut to the chase: Last year, I had the opportunity to go to Worship on the Waterfront with my grandparents, and one of the artists that we saw was Bebo Norman. It had been a few years since I'd heard his music (I rarely ever actually buy CDs; I usually just listen to the radio--nothing wrong about that!), so I didn't really know what to expect seeing him live. Most of the music that he was performing was coming from his newly released CD (at the time), Ocean.

It was kinda tough to sing along with him as he was performing (compared to Phil Stacey, who sang old songs that everyone knew, so it was a huge chorus in the middle of the town of Grand Haven), but one of the songs that hit home to me was "God of My Everything," especially when he got to the chorus:
"God of my heart,
God of my need,
God of my pain that no one else will ever see,
God of my healing,
God of my strength,
God who has always and will forever reign,
God of my everything."
 How amazing is that?! God knows what we need even when we don't know what we need. He knows us better than we will ever begin to know ourselves: our good and bad. Even though that's the case, He still loves us! He has our hearts in the palm of His hand. He will never let us fall. When our hearts break from the darkness of this world, He will take the pieces and bring them back together --in His timing-- and make it look as if a chip never went missing. How great is our God!!

I loved the song so much that I bought the CD just for that song. I suggest that you listen to it, buy the CD, follow it on Spotify, whatever! :D

God bless!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.