Where's Prince Charming when I need him?






"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." --Matthew 6:34.

 "That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day." --2 Timothy 1:12.

"Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly." --Proverbs 14:29.



For the past couple of days, I have been thinking about marriage. No, I'm not planning on eloping anytime soon, but I'm kind of excited about the idea of getting married. Who wouldn't be excited about the idea of meeting the love of their lives and later promising before God that, no matter what happens, they will stick together until death? One of the problems that seems to burden my heart, however, is that with all of the happiness that I dream, there is the fact of reality: I have been single for eighteen short years. Of course, there are people that I wish could be something, but nothing ever happens.

With that in mind, I began thinking about him. Even though I have no idea who he is or where he is in life, it could be a possibility that he is in the same shoes as me. What if he is crying himself to sleep at night because prospective significant others seem to not go the way he wants them to? What if he is losing hope despite his trust in God, knowing that the special girl is out there? Or he could have problems that have nothing to do with relationships. I don't know what his situation is, was, or will be, but God does.

I began to pray for him. I've heard that other people pray for their future husbands or wives, but I've never thought to do it, but why wouldn't I? My heart breaks for him because I know what he is going through with the search of his future spouse along with other possible circumstances like stress from family, work, school, friends, etc. It has a lot to do with patience and trust: patience that God's will be done in HIS timing and trust that He has that special someone already chosen. Thinking about His timing, I continued to pray:
I know that he's out there, Father. Maybe I haven't met him yet (or I've met him and we aren't dating yet because we aren't ready for each other). Maybe we need shaping and maturing that will help the relationship be more successful. God, whatever it may be, with whatever he is going through, help him to draw closer to You. Whether it's celebration or agony, shape him to be the man of God that You created him to be. Whoever he is, help him to be the man that will help me to be the Proverbs 31 woman and wife You want me to be, God. Even though I continue to think of him, help me to look to You and draw closer to You as well. As Selah writes, "And here in your Holy Presence, it's all that I can do. I turn to You, Jesus. I turn to You, Lord. What else can I do, Jesus?" Help our future relationship to be just that. Help us to keep You center. Help us to help each other in our walks with You, God. Your will be done always.
We can all pray the same sort of prayer for either our future husbands or wives, whether we know who they are or not.

Patience is such a difficult thing to maintain, especially when it comes to relationships. I see Proverbs 14:29, and it screams at me, "DON'T JUMP INTO A RELATIONSHIP JUST TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP." We need to remember that God has a plan, and we can trust in that plan because God knows what is best for us!

God bless!


"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." --Proverbs 31:30.

Selah's "I Turn To You": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5i1qSg1mE 
 

Comments