//IMPORTANT\\

"[A]nd call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." --Psalm 50:15.

"[B]ut God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!" --Psalm 66:19-20.

If you don't know this already, prayer is extremely powerful. Prayer, as I have noticed, is something that people underestimate which is a very sad fact. When we pray, we are talking to God, the High King of Heaven. With God, all things are possible, so when we are wanting something, we can simply ask Him and we get it, right? Not at all. God is not a genie in a bottle that grants us anything that we want.

We may ask for something, but God knows what is best for us, and it might not be the same as what we want. It may be difficult, but we need to be patient and trust that God will provide for us through whatever comes our way. Jesus proclaims, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" (Matthew 24:35). What are Jesus' words? Not only the red letters but the ENTIRE Bible. It is such an encouragement to know that when all things around us are changing, we can lean on the Word of God and know that it will be the same yesterday, today, and forever. God's promises to us will never be swayed.

I've actually had a very recent experience with the power of prayer: I have had a huge crush on a guy for the past year, and the fact that he didn't know was driving me crazy. I began to overanalyze every interaction we were having, causing me to degrade my self-worth because I didn't know if the feeling was mutual. Last week, I prayed, I really like this boy, God. You and I both know that. Help me to stop liking him. I know that Your will be done always, but if I stop liking him, please prepare me for that change.

I didn't know if praying for feelings to go away would work, but holy cow, what a stupid thought! Last night, I consciously felt the feeling escape me. I began to have an argument with myself, trying to talk myself into liking him again, but the thought I had for him completely changed. It scared me with how immediately God answered my prayer. I was a tad discouraged because of the results I got, but as I said, God knows better than we do, and He has our best interest in mind.

Today's daily verse, courtesy of YouVersion: "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one" (2 Thessalonians 3:3).

God's words will never pass away. I, as every woman should, am trusting in God to bring me the right man to love and walk the road of life with until the day I die. I may not know him today or tomorrow or next week, but God knows.

I cannot express this enough. Talking to God is such a privilege, being able to bring our praises and laments to the greatest Love that the world will ever know. As the psalmist says, "Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me" (66:20). He hears every one of our prayers and loves us like we're the only people on Earth.

The power of prayer is amazing, and "the power of prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.

Popular posts from this blog

Remember.

Let's have a chat, Mirror.

Way back when...

Reflections on meeting Matthew

Give whatcha got.