"Be My hands and feet."

On a serious note, I was blessed to attend church on Sunday (5-26), and there was a missionary family that visited to talk about their work that they had been doing in Thailand. It's so amazing to hear how God is working through people in many different ways in different places. I've always wanted to go on a mission trip, but I never got the chance to. For a little while, I thought God was calling me to do mission work because of crazy coincidences: the message of World Mission continued to follow me wherever I went. I began to feel discouraged because of the fact that I couldn't. Was I not good enough as a Christian because I couldn't take advantage of the opportunity through my church to get out of my comfort zone and serve?

This thought process confirmed the fact that I have a LOT more room to grow in my faith. As I was preparing to go to college, I was required to write a type of testimony, incorporating ideas that Donald Miller wrote in his book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. As time progressed, I realized that missions didn't exactly mean that I had to leave the country or even my town for that matter. At a different church, a sermon that my pastor spoke was that simply giving someone a cup of cold water is ministry. We don't have to be excellent in our service like Da Vinci is to art or Shakespeare is to drama or Martin Luther King Jr. is to non-violent protest. We simply need to give our whole hearts to whatever we do with the gifts that God has given us:
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the worlk of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain" (1 Corinthians 15:58).
 No other person can do what God has planned for us because no one person is the same, even though they may have the same gifts. We are called to "make disciples among the nations" (Matthew 28:19). Even though we think we aren't worth it, God knows we're worth dying on the cross for.
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if ony I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus hs given me-- the task of testifying the gospel of God's grace" (Acts 20:24).
If you're like me and you cannot go out of the country to serve the Lord because of certain circumstances, pray for the missionaries that are associated with your church. Although you may not see it, they are struggling just like you and I are, and they need the prayer support. Also, pray for yourself. There are opportunities out there! Pray that God will open your eyes to those opportunities and for the courage to dive into them. Don't let them slip away if you see the opportunities there. Do not be discouraged if you don't see opportunities. Your prayers WILL be answered in God's timing as "the prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working" (James 5:16). The verse doesn't say "as it will work." It says "as it is working." Your prayers are heard from God and are working to being answered as you speak.


God bless!

Comments